Counseling for Anxiety
Is anxiety taking over your child’s life? Does it feel like your child can’t control it no matter how hard they try? Has your already tried therapy but found it ineffective?
If this sounds like your child, I’m confident I can help. My practice offers the most effective forms of treatment, to get the relief from anxiety that your child deserves.
When it comes to treating anxiety disorders, research shows that therapy is usually the most effective option. That’s because anxiety therapy – as opposed to anxiety medication – treats more than just symptoms to the problem.
Often, these are the symptoms of anxiety:
- Nervousness, restlessness or being tense
- Feelings of danger, panic or dread
- Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
- Increased or heavy sweating
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Weakness or lethargy
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than the thing you’re worried about
- Obsessions about certain ideas, a sign of obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Anxiety surrounding a particular life event or experience that has occurred in the past, a sign of post-traumatic stress disorder
Therapy can help to uncover the underlying causes of your worries and fears, learn how to relax, look at situations in a new, less frightening way, and develop better coping mechanisms and problem-solving skills.
If your child suffers from an anxiety disorder, I invite you to contact me today for a free consultation.